Our partner school is an International Christian School located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Due to recent reorganisation and strong desire to grow a good team, to position the school as one of the best in the Country, are currently searching for a committed and upright Christian with the right disposition, commitment, vibrancy and relevant educational qualifications to Head the school as A PRINCIPAL.
The ideal candidate must be a Christian who is ready to work with minimum supervision subject to a pre-determined framework and under the direction of the School Owners.
The job can be extremely rewarding for the right type of person
A minimum of a Masters’ degree in Education of any of the teaching subjects.
A post graduate diploma in education in addition is also acceptable.
A business courses knowledge would be an added advantage.
Also Proficiency in the use of ICT in work place is demanded.
The ideal candidate for the post
- Must be Innovative, coming up with new ideas and implementing them, and inspiring others to do the same.
- Must love to make a difference in the life of a child.
- Must show passion for imparting knowledge, to make a change
- In addition must have strong leadership skills.
- Must be prepared to put everyone else’s needs ahead of their own and constantly work to create positive changes at the school. As the leader of the institution, its success or failure is in your hands, so you must be willing to take charge.
- Set a tone of positivity for the entire institution.
- A good Listener, The principal needs to constantly make his or her presence known. Must have the personality to elicit respect from staff and students.
- Gets to know the students and teachers, for greater impact.
- Spend time out in the halls between periods, sit in on classroom lessons, attend school events and anything else you can do to be actively involved.
- Must have an engaging disposition.
- Must be an unbiased individual.
- A Problem Solver, a calm person, considering all options and offer a completely unbiased opinion to settle all matters.
- Have the ability to empower teachers to offer solutions to problems in the school, rather than relying solely on self to initiate change.
- Have an ability to create a culture of people who want to contribute and make a difference, rather than waiting for change to find them.
- A disciplined, courageous person, with the ability to speak the truth, ICT proficient, good and Public relations skill, with marketing skill, and business oriented to bring in more students number.
- Must have worked in the management cadre of a top flight school in the past three years.
Candidates returning home after sojourn abroad is preferred.
Position is for a married person.