The Centagon International School (TCIS – Abuja) is located in Abuja – the Capital City of Nigeria. We are a private school serving grades Pre – Kindergarten through Secondary School graduation levels. The School officially admitted its first batch of students to commence academic activities in September 2010, giving students great opportunities to grow, as well as discover their unique gifts and academic talent.
ADMISSIONS, TRANSFERS, & WITHDRAWALS
Students may be enrolled in The Centagon International School upon fulfilling the requirements for enrollment and receiving approval from the Administration. Application materials and information may be obtained from the office of the Registrar or the TCIS website.
- There will be a review of all available previous school records.
- There must be evidence of the student’s ability to profit from TCIS’s program. (admission/placement testing is conducted for all new students)
- There must be current openings at a given grade level.
- The minimum age for pre-kindergarten is four years as of 1st September at the start of the current school year. Minimum age for Kindergarten is 5 Years as of 1st September and so on…
- In the upper school divisions, placement is generally determined by age and by the last successfully completed grade indicated on school records. Along with age and previous achievement, there must be successful admission/ placement testing.
- In cases of concern, a student may be admitted on a conditional status.
- All classes are generally constructed in a heterogeneous fashion; parental requests for specific teachers and/or classes are not accepted.
Inquiries about admissions should be made to the Registrar.
Tuition and fees must be paid in advance each semester before students may enter classes.
Inquiries about this may be made to the Head of Accounts/accounts office.
Many students come to us from schools that utilize evaluation and grade placement systems different from TCIS. Because of this, it is imperative that a careful review of records from previous schools be conducted in order to place students in the appropriate grades. The Registrar will provide the initial screening with the Principal for each division making the final assessment. The school retains the right to deny admission to any student dismissed from other schools or those who do not meet our admission requirements.
Withdrawals, like admissions, can occur throughout the school year. We would advise parents to always withdraw their child at the end of a school year. However, when it is known by a parent that his or her child must withdraw, a letter stating intent and the final day of enrolment is required from the parent. The student also completes a withdrawal form a week before his or her final day. This is to ensure that all textbooks, library books, or other instructional material have been returned. Once materials are returned and all outstanding fees are paid; the school records can be released.
The Centagon International School (TCIS) was incorporated on the 10th day of March, 2010. The school opened its doors on 06th day of September 2010 to 81 students Grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 7 with 26 teachers. The school is a purpose built Pre-K to Grade 11 day school located at 29/31 Mississippi Street, Maitama, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.