CBC Mount Edmund is an independent English medium Catholic school that provides quality Christian education for boys and girls from Gr RRR - 12.
On the 8th of September 1922 CBC Pretoria opened its doors to fifty six young boys.
It was dedicated to St Gabriel which distinguished it from the other CBC's dotted around the country and indeed the world.
In 1968 the College relocated to its present campus due to the expansion of the University of Pretoria. Once it moved it seemed appropriate to rename it, hence it became known as Mount Edmund.
Today we are proudly known as CBC Mount Edmund, in honour of the founder of the Christian Brothers' Congregation, Edmund Ignatius Rice.
CBC Mount Edmund has been steadfast in its value-based education from the laying of its foundation stone in 1921 by The Reverend Cox. This foundation stone is still part of the current building at Mount Edmund.
We have also held onto the name of the original school by naming our Foundation Phase Block St Gabriel's. The College has always maintained a culture of inclusivity; it was the first boy's school in Pretoria to open its doors to students from all races. In the spirit of inclusivity the College also expanded in 1994 to include both boys and girls. Hence we are the only Catholic School that is a Co-Educational and a Combined School in the Greater Tshwane area.