The University of Bradford is one of the world’s great technology universities, providing high-quality teaching, underpinned by cutting-edge research with practical applications to solve tomorrow’s problems. The University is committed to helping all its students to lead fulfilling lives, become global citizens, and make a difference to the world.
Bradford collaborates closely with local, regional, national and multinational businesses from across all sectors of the global economy ranging from associations with local employers through its employer engagement initiatives, to overseas partnerships including those in Singapore, Poland, Malaysia, Pakistan and India. Global and local partnerships inform the University’s curriculum and provide inspirational work placements.
Students, particularly international students, who do not have the necessary qualifications for enrolling onto a degree course, can apply for the Certificate of International Foundation Studies. The programme gives you the opportunity to progress onto a wide range of undergraduate degrees across all subject areas of the University.
- The University has almost 10,000 students studying in the UK and overseas
- Students will benefit from a £120 million campus development
- The University is a global village with over 127 different nationalities
- Accommodation options are available for students in the form of a modern apartments or townhouses in The Green, an award-winning secure and self-contained on-campus student village, which is currently one of the most sustainable developments in the world
- Every student is automatically a member of The University of Bradford Students’ Union (UBU). The UBU has everything to complement student life. Students can expand their skills through sports, societies, media activities or volunteering, meet new friends or get academic or social advice and support
- Students become part of the University’s fun and supportive unique community, Team Bradford. Team Bradford ensures that your time at Bradford is more than just achieving a degree
- The University strongly supports entrepreneurship among its students and graduates to help shape their future
- Students have fantastic work placement opportunities and benefit from the University’s global network of potential employers
- The University has a strong track record of graduates entering professional and managerial level jobs
- Top 10 in the UK for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Optometry & Opthalmics, Medical Technology and Forensic Science by The Complete University Guide 2019
- 3rd in the UK for Chemical Engineering in the Guardian University League Table 2019
- Silver awardee for the excellence of teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- 94% of Bradford’s graduates go into work or further study within six months of graduation – (HESA 2017)
Our main course areas include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Archaeological Sciences
- Business and Management (including Human Resource Management, Marketing, Accounting and Finance, Economics)
- Computer Science and Computer
- Cyber Security
- Engineering (Civil and Structural, Chemical, Mechanical and Automotive, Biomedical, and Software Engineering)
- Game Design and Media Production
- International Development Studies
- Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Clinical Sciences and Chemistry
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Politics, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies
- Psychology and Sociology
- Virtual Reality
The University awards a number of scholarships to self-funded international students including faculty-specific and sports scholarships. Students from Nigeria are automatically awarded a scholarship for £3,500 and are eligible to apply for a scholarship worth half the cost of tuition fees.
For information on the different scholarships, criteria and application details, see www.bradford.ac.uk/scholarships